Do you recommend a moisturizer or lotion that is great for oily skin?

YES! I am a true believer and back this product 100% because in my trials and use - it has done wonders and works great for me. It is MAC's Oil Control Lotion. Yes - this product will cost you $28.00, but I LOVE IT.

I have VERY oily skin... and because of this - I would often times eliminate using foundation or powder on my face, leaving it bare and exposing my "not so perfect" skin. Adding any extra makeup besides those that were on my eyes caused my face to look so oily that it shined like a lightbulb.

I did my research and came across a fellow makeup artist (who happened to work at a MAC pro store) and he explained that he had used the lotion and his skin was the same as mine. I was excited to buy the product and try it and have been happy ever since. I use it day and night and just can't live without it. My face is oil free all day long. This would be my number one recommendation for MAC facial products if you have oily skin.

The information below is taken directly from the MAC website:

The ultimate no-shine base for oil control. Natural exfoliants help improve texture and clarity. Lightweight and instantly matte, bonds makeup to the skin for fewer touch-ups. Oil-free hydration with natural colloidal minerals and antioxidants. Formulated to keep skin pH-balanced. Use day or night.
50 ml / 1.7 fl oz
US$28.00

* If you are looking to eliminate an oily look on the go... and don't have extra oily skin like I do - but have a shiny face from time to time... try using a face perfecter or prep that will allow your face to be oil free through out the day. Avon has since released the "Magix Face Perfecter" and in my opinion it works pretty well. Sometimes I will use it by itself - without foundation and it will give me a flawless face with a great glow. You can use it under your favorite foundation so that your face is flawless and your pores are minimized.

If you are looking for something that will just rid you of "on the go shine"... try MAC's Blot powder in your shade. It is different from your foundation shades as it comes in Light, Medium and Dark. It is an almost translucent powder with just a hint of color for very little coverage. Perfect for those hot days when you need to eliminate shine.

- DISCLAIMER: Please note that the information you read here is due to my trials and are my sole opinion. They do not represent the opinion of others and you may experience a different result than what I have gotten.


This entry was posted on 7:13 PM and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.